✅ Remember Me
OPEN CALL – Digital residency & exhibition at Gallery 8, Magdalen Road Studios, Oxford.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 9th December 2018
Ideas of ‘memory’ in the post-digital age complexify with notions of digital storage and biological memory being intertwined. The fragility and power of all these (non)biological ecologies bring a variety of curious features which comprise our digital selves. We may have experienced loss within aspects of these lives; we may want to forget what the digital is too eager to remind us. ✅ Remember Me aims to explore issues of memory, loss and digital materiality.
DAR is looking for participating artist for a 2-month digital residency in February and March 2019 followed by an exhibition of the works produced in March 2019 at Gallery 8, Oxford. DAR is keen to see proposals for online projects and works which respond to the themes surrounding either:
a) Digital memory/ forgetfulness. This can include: storage loss. Permanence/temporality of data. Transience of media. Fragility of the materiality of technology.
b) Personal responses to perpetuity/impermanence through post-digital practices. Loss of contact/access/relationships via digital media. Temporality of expression. Permanence of digital reputation. Posthuman approaches to memory.
We are interested in projects that deal with interactions between digital, online spaces and/or their physical materiality. Artists would need to communicate clearly how these works would be appropriate for DAR’s online context AND form part of a physical group show. DAR is accepting proposals from practitioners who work with site-specific practices as well as performance, sculpture, film, video, New media, video, Sonic art, live works and cross-disciplinary practices. Groups may apply as well as individuals. Chosen artists must submit at least one post onto DAR’s website per week.
Digital Artist Residency (DAR) is an online platform which provides a space for artists to develop ideas and display new artwork. The initiative aims to provide support for artwork created using digital processes, exploring the boundaries of art and technology. DAR provides:
· A 2-month digital residency DAR’s online site which on average attracts 5000 viewers each month. This page normally takes the style of a blog, but artists are encouraged to be ambitious with any specific ideas about how they want their work presented. Write these ideas on your project proposal and we can discuss how they can be realised.
· A week-long exhibition at Gallery 8, Magdalen Road Studios. Oxford.
· Technical support in achieving the aims of the online residency and exhibition.
· Support and promotion for the artist and their work through its network.
· A permanent web archive of work produced during the residency.
· Deadline for applications
Sunday 9th December 2018
· Online Residency
1st February – 31st March 2019
· Exhibition install
7th & 8th March 2019
· Private view
9th March 2019
9th – 17th March 2019
17th March 2019