We are seeking applicatons for an artist residency opportunity in Oxford at Magdalen Road Studios. The residency would be held in Filament 14 with an exhibition of work to be held at Wolfson College Oxford.
Wolfson College, University of Oxford, is a graduate college with an international community of students and fellows. The College is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year (2016). The buildings, designed by Powell and Moya, are situated on the banks of the River Cherwell and are Grade 2 listed. You can find out more on their website.
It is intended that the successful candidate for the Wolfson-sponsored residency would hold a solo exhibition of work at the College for three weeks in 2017, as part of their exhibitions programme.
The successful applicant would be invited to the College to meet members of the Arts Committee and to see the space prior to taking up the residency.
This residency opportunity is sponsored by Wolfson College, Oxford
- Dates can be negotiated but it is hoped that the residency would commence during October or November 2016 (during academic term time)
- The duration of the residency is 2 weeks, though a request to extend is possible.
- The residency will be held within our project space Filament 14. A light studio space close to Oxford City Centre.
- It is hoped that the artist will engage with the other studio artists in some way, for example a workshop or artist talk.
- NB: The residency does not include accomodation. this will need to be arranged seperately.
- Wolfson College will host an exhibition of work created in response to the residency
Any work that can be hung on a wall
£370 to cover accomodation and/or materials etc
Please send a proposal to our Studio Manager Katie Taylor - firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- A current CV
- Examples of previous work - 6 images - file names YOURNAME_TITLEOF IMAGE.JPG
- A document detailing how you would plan to use the residency opportunity.